The purpose of the SFSCC is to help students and alumni learn the skills they need to search for and find a job or internship. We offer:
- Career Development Skills Workshops focused on skill development and job search strategies.
- The “SFS Careers” online course to help you navigate your career during and after your time at Georgetown.
- One-on-one coaching sessions are available for students and alumni. The agenda for an appointment is set by the student/alum, and often focuses on industry exploration, job search strategies, document edits, mock interviews and related topics.
- Employer information sessions, industry panels and career events relating to a wide range of opportunities in the public, private, non-profit and multilateral sectors.
- A vibrant jobs and internships database— Handshake —where students and alumni can search for opportunities and also post their resume and other documents so employers can find them.
- A regularly published Career Bulletin to inform you of upcoming events, workshops, and discussions, plus a sampling of jobs and internships with fast-approaching deadlines. If you are a current student, you will receive the Career Bulletin automatically. Alumni may subscribe to the Career Bulletin by emailing email@example.com with their name, program, and graduation year.
- In the office, students have access to computers, a fax machine, and a variety of handouts and other resources to assist in career planning.
The SFS Career Center was made possible by a generous gift to the School of Foreign Service from Harry J. Smith, Jr. in honor of Anne Cavanaugh Smith.